Indonesia - Bali


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Kuta
March 2nd 2012
Published: March 31st 2012
Edit Blog Post

2.3.2012 Bali – Indonesia



Airport transfer to Cairns airport, got the flight to Darwin where we had a 5 hour wait before our flight to Bali. So we decided to go to the nearest hotel and have a dip in the pool and relax there until we had to check into our flight.



Arrived in Bali and it was Chaos! There was hundreds of people surrounding the airport, trying to take people to their hotels. We got in an airport taxi and we think we were ripped off a little bit. Only by a few pounds. He kept going down narrow streets and felt like we were going round in circles. There doesn’t seem to be any driving standards and if there is no one takes any notice. Hundreds of scooters everywhere pulling out in front of cars and weaving through the traffic. We arrived at our hotel in one piece, and it was very nice – the one of the nicest we’ve stayed in.



3.3.2012



We decided to go for a walk into the center of Kuta. We learnt early from our mistakes – do not walk anywhere in Kuta! It was so unsafe, no pavements to walk on and the entire roads taken up by scooters and cars. They would get so close to you that you thought they were running into you and have to jump out of the way. Crossing the roads was a nightmare, they didn’t have any traffic lights or Zebra crossings so it was a massive gamble. Once we got into Kuta we were pestered by everyone, all the shop owners trying to sell all of their stuff. We found somewhere to have breakfast to get away from it all. We then went to the beach that we had heard so much about and it wasn’t very nice at all. Dirty water and rubbish all along it. Maybe we have been used to the beaches in Australia.



We got a taxi back the hotel for like a pound, so we decided to use taxi’s to get everywhere as cheap as, and a lot safer than walking. We got ready to go out as Liverpool was playing Arsenal and I wanted to watch it. We went to a bar/club called the Sky Garden Lounge, which had an Irish bar attached to it. We had one drink downstairs in there and then got invited upstairs. Upstairs there was another bar that was offering free cocktails for foreigners between 9 and 10. They were the strongest cocktails we have tasted and for free! It wasn’t that busy at first so you would finish your drink walk straight up to bar and they would give you another one. This went on actually most of the night as they had about a 1000 drinks stacked up behind the bar as pyramids and they kept giving them out until they all went. They kept bringing out buffet food which went down a treat as we didn’t have any tea. Well as you could imagine we made the most of the free drinks and got rather drunk. Can’t remember the taxi home but checked my money in the morning and we had spent 110,000 Rupiah which was 8 pound all night for the two of us! Not bad at all.



4.3.2012



We went on a hunt to buy Sophie a new suitcase. We were both fed up with it and she hated it that much she wanted to throw it. She said it was the worst designed bag ever! We went to a local mall were there was plenty to choose from. She finally decided to by a suit case, so she is now a flash packer by the way. We got a taxi to Kuta square and did a bit more shopping; I and Soph bought our matching Bintang vests! We were both exhausted so we went back the hotel for tea and an early night. M x

Advertisement



Tot: 0.28s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.1304s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb