BALI BALI BALI BALI


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Kuta
October 17th 2008
Published: December 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Bali, and as its the holidays we struggled with finding a room we spent 2 hours (actually i spent 2 hours looking for a room at midnight with Diana and Mathias as henry was tired and in a mood so he sat in a hotal bar, that had no rooms) we ended up getting to only room in Bali lol a 6 sleeper room henry and I, Diana, Mathias, and 2 australians who we bumped into looking for a room too.
We had all only just met apart from henry and I and we all dumped our stuff showered and went out for something to eat.
We found a new room the following day and along with Diana we moved into it, we had a swimming pool right outside our door and a larger pool round to corner, Mathias checked into the room opposite and we met Danny boy as henry calls him, (a surfing South African) we all spent the days on the beach and wandering Poppies one and two and the evenings in the bars and clubs, though i was desperately trying to find a flight home to see my Nana, Diana went down to the Islands for a few days, we hired a jeep and with Mathias and joyce we explored the beaches and the area, we got caught in a rain storm that burst the rivers and we couldnt get through it was really scary we followed a local and went through the river at a shallow point (only up to the side of the doors of the jeep, lol ) and watched movies in the bar on poppies as they have movies every night.
I finally got a flight to the UK to see my nana and left on the 8/10/08 leaving Henry to enjoy the Surf,
Once back in the UK i saw my dad briefly at the airport and spent some amazing time with my nana at the hospital, Neno and Matthew came up and picked me up with Aisa her friend and we saw nana together then i went to Torquay to see everyone and eat English food I bought alot of stuff for Henry and Visited my family and his. I really wished he was with me but he was having fun with Dan and Mathias and out every night playing pool in tournaments which he was winning, and not winning as he let the locals win sometimes as the money was alot to them but not so much for us. He didnt surf as much as he should of as he had one to many hangovers but got some surfing in and almost broke his nose when his board hit him in a rather big wave lol
I left the UK after spending some more time with my nana and Naomi, Richard, Neno and Matthew and Waggyman all took me to the airport.
I arrived back in bali and we went straight to the bar for a tournement henry won and he got some money and a mug, He was chuffed.
We said goodbye to Dan who was flying home and to Mathias who was going to the islands and the next day we hired a jeep and spent the day seeing as much of the sights of Bali as possible, we got pulled over by the traffic police and as is the usual thing with tourists they tell you you jumped a light which you didnt and tell you pay up now or court tomorow, we payed and off we went, its a good way to make money on top of there wages. We saw the rice terraces/paddies and went to a hot spa/springs at the lake we saw the volcano and town, it was a lovely day. on the way back we realised someone haddnt put the petrol cap back on the jeep when they filled it up so arfter spending 2 hours looking to buy a replacement we made a perfect replica out of a coke can the bottom inside was perfect (my idea, lol henrys was to use the silver side of the crisp pakets i brought him from home lol).
We were wimps we parked the jeep up and the following morning handed the keys in and checked out of the hotel quickly we then ate breakfast and went to the airport to head to singapore and on to Brisbane......................


Additional photos below
Photos: 41, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



7th December 2008

these look lovely, great to see what you are doing keep having fun sarah and lee xx

Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0621s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb