Bali


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Kuta
July 25th 2008
Published: July 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well here i am just almost where i want to be. Bali is the place Kuta not quite but interesting. We arrived late at night. Our plane from KL was late about an hour so everthing got pushed back. We paid extra at the airport and upgraded our cheap air asia ticket sit anywhere where you can as long you shove everyone else out of the way to premier boarding. so we got to go on first and check the seats out we want and sat right in the front row. got off the plane first (first time ever for me) and then got through customs before the hoards so it worked out very well. lots of traffic on the way in and the first thing i noticed was the amount of bikes. Just everywhere. we got our lovely room/bungalow had a few drinks of our duty free and went out for dinner. not our usual type of places here - all restaurants none of street vendors that we like but we had a good meal and came home and crashed.

Yesterday we did a big walk around and i was blown away by firstly all the little offerings everywhere on the streets in every nook and cranny and they look so lovely. temples and shrines everywhere too. then of course there is the shopping which believe it or not i am not into that right now but there is so much stuff i just wonder who buys it all. we walked in a big square and came home along the beach where there were loads of people out surfing. the water was packed but the sea is not that lovley blue that we had in Malaysia last year. its sort of a muddy colour. we had a lovley local lunch right on the beach and if i was more awake this morning i would have tried to load some pics but i left my camera in the room so it will have to wait till tomorrow. i had a swim in the hotel pool which was lovley and a little siesta before we went out for dinner with Terry's friends JJ and his wife Joanna. she lives in Bali and makes costume jewelry and is very knowledgeable about local things and loves animals so i am sure we will get on well. we are all going to the Gillie Islands on Sunday. that is after a night out with Paul and Mike who arrive tomorrow. there is a party on Saturday night we have to go to so it sounds like a busy weekend. Roll on the Gillies. speak to ya all later.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0539s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb