Recovery!


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Kuta
May 29th 2007
Published: August 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post


Ben here...
I'm getting better i'm sure you're all thrilled to know! but not completely, in fact the reason i'm writing this is because i was caught very short and had to dive into this conveniently located internet cafe!
Back in Kuta now, just sitting on the beach we were offered: Kites (fantastic kites but how are we going to carry them around? big things), massage, rings and toe rings, including one guy who offered us a ring for free and we 'pay next year' (?!), we refused, he laughed maniacally, we looked away, he left. Also, ice creams, (no sarongs today!), but a big old crossbow and arrow (properly sharp!), i couldn't imagine taking that through all the upcoming countries! We were watching the sunset, that was although hidden, still beautiful. I was immersed in Harry Potter though, that book is so good!! I can't believe i used to speak ill of Harry, sorry mate.
So not much to report from yesterday, record number of toilet trips, longest i;ve spent in one room (or two counting the toilet) for a long time. Sarah was lovely and took care of me, as did Hannah (our recent travelling companion) and Patrick (a Dutch guy staying in the same place as us) who popped in to see how i was and later to say goodbye.
I ate a massively salty chunk of fried potato, onion and cheese for dinner last night as my nearly better food, but gave most of it to Sarah.
We leave Bali tomorrow, it's been a great experience, each place we've visited varying greatly. Padang Bai wins the Ben award for most outstanding Ben recreational place, despite the illness day, followed closely by the town/village we were told (or lied to!) was Toyah Bungkah, that was somewhere different, a mile or two away (taxi driver getting hotel commision! cheeky!) that involved the darkness ascent of Mt Batur (the vlocano within a volcanic crater next to a lake) and watching the sunrise from the top (and the brilliant walk around it and the descent!).
So tomorrow we go to bed in Kuala Lumpur, before heading to Mersing then Tioman. I bet that doesn't mean much hey?! It didn't to me until not very long ago! but Sarah assures me they are very nice places!!
So we will keep you all informed!
Take care and be safe all
x

Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0585s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb