Bali Hi


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Kuta
March 14th 2007
Published: March 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We've now hit Bali - after nearly missing our flight because yours truly was on the throne!! Oopsy!

So we land and take some cash out and have now become millionaires!! The currency here is mental its 17,718 Indonesian Rupiah to the pound - yes try working that bad boy out, its not easy i'm telling you!! And spending an hour on the internet here costs me 75p!!

But you guys have got no reason to be envious anymore - why i hear you cry, because its been raining and its not just spitting, its proper tropical rain! So we've spent our days in bed and our nights in the bar!! Its a hard life! Have managed to have a little look round, saw the sight of the Bali bomb and the big memorial stone, with all the names of those who died on it, Australia had the longest list with 88 names.

On a brighter note the Balinese people are really really friendly, friendlier than the Thai's! And this place is setting us up for Australia as practically everyone here is an aussie! O and its surfers paradise over here! Everywhere you look theres surf shops and surf schools and the beach is packed full of surfers - apparently its surf season over here! I told you not to worry about me turning into a hippy, but you might want to worry about me turning into a surfer chick, i've already succumbed to a rather 'rad' pair of board shorts hehe!!

Advertisement



18th March 2007

Surf bum
It might be raining over there but we have had a slight fall of snow again here (Sunday 18th - Mother's day). More is forecast for tomorrow. The surfing sounds good. Are you just looking the part with the gear or actually riding the waves?
19th March 2007

Rain, Rain
Whats all the fuss about, its snowing here with gale force winds , that is the problem with you young whimps, can't take the rain, can't take the sun just wait till you get back to good old Blighty and raw nature--you lucky beggars
19th March 2007

Never mind the weather
It will soon dry up as they say--keep on backing the pack !

Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0473s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb