1 week down, 19 to go!


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Denpasar
November 13th 2009
Published: November 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Jimbaran (JBay)Jimbaran (JBay)Jimbaran (JBay)

Beash soaking it in
So Alicia and I have been in Bali for a week now, but it has felt like a month. We’ve officially fallen in love with the cuisine, the Balinese people, the beaches and the coral reefs. We are still adjusting to the blistering heat and humidity and the bugs. Alicia is sitting next to me scratching 8 bug bites on her feet and legs and dealing with a fried nose. I have some serious heat rash and what known as a Bali kiss on my leg (exhaust pipe burn from our moped.) Aside from those few annoyances, this island is amazing. Everyday we’ve been bombarded with new sights, smells, feelings and thoughts.

Today we returned to Jimbaran Bay from our second road trip, a two hour ride north to the small town of Amed. One of our new roommates Joaqium is a certified dive master, so he took us there for our first snorkeling trip along with his buddy Manuel from Chile. Due to a flat tire on our bike, the trip took a little longer than planned so we jumped into the ocean immediately. The coral and fish were out of this world. The shoreline was extremely rocky but once we got about 25 ft. out, everything changed. Tiny blue fish that looked like they were glowing, vibrant reefs and few scares when the bigger boys cruised by. Picture swimming in the middle of an aquarium. After the beach we had an awesome dinner, coconut crusted fish and huge prawns. Our hotel room was 10ft from the crashing waves, so we headed back there to be blown away by the night sky. The town is small and after sundown the entire place goes pitch black. I’m at a loss for words trying to describe the stars. The sky was FILLED with them and we spotted at least three planets that gave off amazing green and reddish hues. In about 10 minutes we saw three shooting stars that looked more like meteors. WE LOVE AMED.

Other than that, we’ve been relaxing around Jimbaran Bay and just driving around the area getting lost, exploring different beaches and eating amazing food. We are taking our first boat trip off Bali this weekend so we’ll post ay update when we return! We love and miss all of our family and friends and appreciate all of the messages and e-mails. Terima Kasih! (Thank You)

Marcus and Beash

Ps. I put up a couple pix of Jimbaran Bay, this is a 5 minute walk from our home and the fishing hub of the island. The Four Seasons is here and this is our favorite spot to relax, read, listen to music and try not to burn!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0275s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb