A bit more to the West


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Canggu
June 17th 2012
Published: August 30th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We had applied for a visa extesion and we had to wait for it to be approved, but we also wanted to move on... So we moved up, a little 😊 and rented a private house with...pool at the west coast. We also rented a car for trips around and the day the visa was ready, we could go and get it at once.

Kerobokan was a fine departing point to visit a few interesting places. But besides that we didn't like the surroundings. Very busy, and.. how to say, no connections with the people around. Also far from the beach ( we had to take the car ), we were not crying when we left after 4 days... The house itself was nice, comfortable in all senses, the maid was a bit weird though, we prefered to do the dishes ourselves but yeah... somethings you don't get to choose 😊 The pool was fine and again we cooked all kinds of european dishes( macaroni for Liv, frietjes for everybody, lots of salads, Krupuk ( not so European ) for Skye etc...). After that we were fed up with cooking, already ? Yes, definitely, let's get back to local food now!

We visited Tanah lot,a temple on a rock in the sea. What was the story again? A priest (Nirartha) came here in the 15th century, overnighted here, and believed this was a holy place to worship the sea gods... you'll find different stories on the internet. Anyway, it's the biggest tourist attraction of Bali! Askje had a nice chat with the men waiting for a ceremony I guess (check photo).

We had to please the kids also and so we visited the Zoo a bit out Denpasar, nice little Zoo, kept pretty well and not overwhelmed by attractions. Wild beasts are always nice to watch!

We had nice walks on Pantai Berawa, not suitable for swimming, surfing is what you come here for. But nice to get a fresh nose and have nice views. These our quite frequented beaches so here you'll never be alone.

We did find a desserted beach another day when we drove up more to the West. We drove trough little villages that had hung out flags of many countries, reflecting there enthousiasm for European football championship. Danish flags, Dutch flags, no Belgian flags !!! The beach was wonderfull, there was
Tanah LotTanah LotTanah Lot

the temple in the sea
not a soul, laying by a newly build high standard resort ( with no guests ) . At the end of the beach there was a cave, and it was filled with bats, we came as close as we could, but they were spreading a horrible smell so we faced away quickly again ! just a few more years and this beach will be populated by surfing people and crowds as well,and the bats will be gone.


Additional photos below
Photos: 42, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0549s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb