Bali Feb 2010


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Amed
March 9th 2010
Published: March 8th 2010
Edit Blog Post

These are some photos from Bali part of our current Trip during Feb 2010. Hope you enjoy them.


Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Bali Fringing ReefBali Fringing Reef
Bali Fringing Reef

There are many areas of Bali where the reef fringes the coast as can be seen here from the air.
Prema Liong AccomodationPrema Liong Accomodation
Prema Liong Accomodation

Bedroom looking out to the garden
Premier Leong Premier Leong
Premier Leong

Front veranda.
Jemeluk BayJemeluk Bay
Jemeluk Bay

This is the area where we did most of the snorkeling.
Blue Star Cafe TempleBlue Star Cafe Temple
Blue Star Cafe Temple

Each home has a temple. This is the temple attached to the Blue Star Cafe compound. It is very important part of the Bali life.
Blue StarBlue Star
Blue Star

The bed in the Blue Star bungalow.
Blue Star BungelowBlue Star Bungelow
Blue Star Bungelow

Looking at our bungalow from the beach.
Our AccomodationOur Accomodation
Our Accomodation

Looking across the Jemeluk Bay to our bungalow.
Pig in MudPig in Mud
Pig in Mud

The villagers keep pigs, chickens and cows. These were pigs near to our bungalow.
Fishing BoatFishing Boat
Fishing Boat

This is the traditional style of fishing boat. This one has a bow like a marlin.
Kogmang father's boatKogmang father's boat
Kogmang father's boat

This is Kogmang's father's boat in which we went out to catch mackerel.
Kogmang at the controls.Kogmang at the controls.
Kogmang at the controls.

The boats are driven by a straight shaft motor and Kogmang has a hand-line with 150 hooks on it which we drag through the water.
DolphinsDolphins
Dolphins

We did not catch any fish but came upon this pod of about 60 dolphins. Kogmang reckons they scared the fish away.
Volcano in the background.Volcano in the background.
Volcano in the background.

The sun-setting over the volcano Mt. Agung with the motor just in front of me.
Fishermen setting sail.Fishermen setting sail.
Fishermen setting sail.

The fishermen from the village set out for the evening fishing trip. They fish during the early morning and late evening, though some do stay out all night.
Barb and the sacred mud.Barb and the sacred mud.
Barb and the sacred mud.

During our trip to the sacred springs Barb tries the regenerating powers of the mud from the springs.
Trying the water from the Sacred  spring.Trying the water from the Sacred  spring.
Trying the water from the Sacred spring.

Trying the Sacred spring water. It tasted of lemon, one of the others has a copper taste to it. Very refreshing on a hot humid walk.
Paddy fields.Paddy fields.
Paddy fields.

We climbed up through these rice (Paddy in Bali) terraces to reach the Sacred springs stream.
Recently planted rice.Recently planted rice.
Recently planted rice.

The rice here was about 6 weeks old.
Planting the Paddy field.Planting the Paddy field.
Planting the Paddy field.

These scenes reminded me of boyhood in British Guiana, when we use to see the rice planting all the time.
Plowing the field.Plowing the field.
Plowing the field.

The plowing is nearly always dome by hand with cattle, did see a mechanical plow in Ubud last time we were here.


13th March 2010

Bali vacation
A fairy tale country. A painter's paradise. Wish we were with you. THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0511s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb