Jaipur - Beautiful Pink City in India


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India
July 12th 2017
Published: July 12th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Until now, the name "Pink City" is considered to originate from the visit of the Prince of Wales in 1876.

Accordingly, the ruler of Jaipur, Raja Jawai Singh, took pink as head of diplomatic talks with Britain, just before the prince's visit. At that time, the prince's followers nicknamed "the pink monkey". Raja Jawai Singh thinks that if this color is applied to the entire city, the royal family will understand Jaipur's sincere and hospitable affection.

Located in northern India, the capital of Rajasthan state - one of the largest states in the country, Jaipur is nicknamed "Pink City" due to its unique construction style that unlike anywhere else. Not only famous for the eye-catching pink color, the city of Jaipur is also famous for its many cultural heritages such as fortresses, palaces and royal buildings.

Come to Jaipur, you will feel the old breath with the architecture of a commercial mall, surrounded by high walls and a series of shops built of marble.

Jaipur people are proud of the cultural heritage of the city, including fortresses and palaces. Most prominent is Amber Fort with elaborate crystal design. Around it there are also two other fortresses, Nahargart and Jaigard, that form the wall system that covers the mountain.

The journey to explore Jaipur starts from the Old City, which overlooks the city's heritage with its many temples and handicrafts shops. From here, visitors can not miss the Palace of the Winds, a special architecture with nearly 1000 windows. The palace was once the harem of kings and is now the symbol of the local people.

In addition, visitors should try a royal night in Jaipur by visiting the palace-style hotel like Raj Palace. The price of a night of feeling like a king is not cheap, about $ 700. Travelers from Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City to Indira Gandhi International Airport (New Delhi, India) can choose Malaysia Airlines, transit at Kuala Lumpur. The connection time is about 2 hours.

The people of Jaipur are very friendly, hospitable and usually dressed in colorful costumes. Summer is also the time of the festive boom in Jaipur, attracting visitors with red costumes, jubilant dances and a wealth of jewelery. According to a survey by Conde Nast Traveler Readers Choice, Jaipur is currently ranked seventh among the most desirable cities in Asia

Useful Links: Indochina Tours from South Africa · Vietnam Adventure from South Africa · Vietnam Day Tours


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0247s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb