India again with Brigette. March to April 2016


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India
April 12th 2016
Published: April 12th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Well folks its been awhile since i did any blogging or bragging about trips. Were back in India again for a Northern tour on our own . 10 days left the month we we have been here. I think this will be our last tour of India. we are pretty tired of less then 4 stars lodging and the dust and dirt that surrounds us where ever you go. Still every one here is very friendly and helpful and kind except for the touts and hustlers. India has changed since the 80ties and even four years ago. This is not a country to tour if you have have germs issues or neat freak issues.

I have been sick and well again and sick today where I left my lunch on the side of the road. We are looking forward to further east in Asia in the tropics and warm turquoise waters and hammocks hanging in the trees.

. Varanasi has been the direst city I have eve seen in India. I do not know how I did manged to walk around there. But also the most interesting one as well. They have a nice show every night on the river. So do take a boat out on the river and watch from there. I did not find the rituals of the 5:30AM bathing ritual/ yoga etc. that interesting. So please do sleep in. We spent a lot of time at the rooftop of the guest house that is just near the burning Ghats drinking and eating and laying around there. Wish we had a room there. At this writing I can not remember the name but it started with Path....?

We stayed with friends in Kolkata and did a side trip to the sea side ( Digha , India ). We had a lot of fun with them. Kolkata was surprisingly and pleasantly clean. They are working very hard to keep the city and subway clean. I even saw an officer in subway in force the no litter rule on a little girls family . The little girl ripped up paper then threw it on the floor of the platform. She would not pick it up so her father had too.

kolkata has a lot to offer for tourist. The subway is great but at times is very crowded like sardines in a can. We are heading towards Darjeeling on the next few days then back to Delhi to fly to Singapore. wish us luck. best to all you travelers.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.537s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.1112s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb