Destinations Covered by Air India International Flights


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India
April 11th 2016
Published: April 11th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Air India, the full-service national carrier of the country, flies to different destinations across the globe. Besides providing service on domestic routes, it also operates flights to cities in different continents of the world. It flies to over 4 continents with direct reach to 35 foreign cities. Air India international flights are operated either by its own aircraft, or with the codeshare partner airlines. It is also a member of the global Star Alliance group that further helps in reaching those destinations that are not directly served by the carrier. Travellers, thus, have greater choices of destinations.

For the benefit of readers, it must be mentioned that Air India currently serves both domestic and international destinations. However, its predecessors, Indian Airlines and Air India, were two different airline companies which operated separately, and primarily focused on domestic and international routes, respectively. After their merger in 2006, the operations were combined and all routes were flown by the single entity – Air India .

International Destinations

Air India international flights reach North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. It connects Chicago, Newark, New York and San Francisco, the United States of America; Birmingham and London, United Kingdom; Vienna, Austria; Paris, France; Frankfurt, Germany; Milan and Rome, Italy; Sharjah, Dubai and Abu Dhabi, the United Arab Emirates; Bangkok, Thailand; Colombo, Sri Lanka; Riyadh, Dammam and Jeddah, Saudi Arabia; Muscat, Oman; Kathmandu, Nepal; Yangon, Myanmar; Moscow, Russia; Male, Maldives; Kuwait City, Kuwait; Seoul, South Korea; Tokyo and Osaka in Japan; Hong Kong and Shanghai in China; Manama in Bahrain; Kabul, Afghanistan; and Sydney and Melbourne, Australia.

Cabin Classes

Air India is a legacy carrier and it provides more than one cabin class service for passengers. While the Economy and Executive travel class is provided on all its flights, the First Class service is available only on select routes. First Class service is highly exclusive and luxurious since there are only 12 such cabins on an aircraft. These cabins are fitted with 180 degree reclining seats, which can be used to sleep comfortably. Executive class cabins also have plush, comfortable seats in which passengers are seated either close to windows or along aisles on Boeing 747 aircraft. Most of the short and medium haul Air India international flights have only Economy and Executive class cabins whereas the long-haul ones come with First Class seating as well.

Air India Fleet

Air India operates a mixed fleet of Airbus and the Boeing aircraft. It was its predecessor, Indian Airlines, which had introduced the famous and the most widely used Airbus A320-200 airplanes in its fleet way back in 1989, far ahead of others. This is now used on both the domestic and international short-haul flights. It also introduced A319 essentially for the domestic operations in 2005. A321 was pressed into service in 2007 to fly to the international destinations on its long-haul and medium-haul flights.

At present, a mixed fleet of almost equal numbers of Airbus and Boeing airplanes provides connectivity on short, medium and long-haul flights, covering international destinations as well.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0477s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb