Airlines Flying Non-stop Bangalore to Mumbai Flights


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India
April 5th 2016
Published: April 5th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Bengaluru, as the city of Bangalore is now known, is located in the southern part of India and is the capital of the state of Karnataka. Mumbai, a port city on the western coast of India, is the capital of Maharashtra. While Mumbai is an established name as the financial and commercial centre of India, Bengaluru is famous as a major information technology and trading centre. Geographically, Mumbai is situated to the north of Bangalore, separated by a flight distance of 842 km from it. People travel between the two cities, using the air, rail and road media, but it is the flight mode of transportation, which is the quickest. Bangalore to Mumbai flights are provided by numerous Indian carriers with or without stoppages en route.

Airlines Serving the Route

Since there is a high demand for flight tickets on this route, almost all Indian carriers, barring a few regional ones, operate non-stop. It takes about 1 hour 30 minutes to fly on this sector. Air India, the national carrier, has four daily services from the former to the latter city as does GoAir. IndiGo, the dominant player, which accounts for more than one-third of the national air traffic, provides 11 daily flights on this route. A full service carrier, Jet Airways also operates 11 daily non-stop flights for the convenience of passengers, who want to travel on non-economy classes.

SpiceJet, another important budget carrier, provides two daily non-stop air services on the route. Vistara, the new entrant in the aviation space of India, flies only one daily flight from the capital of Karnataka to that of Maharashtra. In all, there are more than 30 daily or 200 weekly non-stop air services, providing many opportunities for air travel to people on this segment.

Travellers can draw their plans to reach Mumbai from Bengaluru, using online flight booking, for as early as 5:20 am on the flight, operated by IndiGo. There are flights all through the day till 11 pm, giving passengers a wide range of options in terms of schedule. There are no services late at night or early in the morning at present, but can be launched in the future, considering the high travel demands on this sector. Late night services would be beneficial for those travellers, who have to attend a business meet in the morning and then come back the same day.

Besides non-stop services, there are hordes of connecting flights, operated by domestic and international airlines, but these take longer to reach their destination.

Reasons for the High Demand for Tickets

Bangalore to Mumbai flights are used by leisure travellers as well as businesspersons. Prominent historical sites, such as the Gateway of India, are a major tourist attraction. Religious spots, including the shrine of Pir Haji Ali and Siddhivinayak Temple are thronged by devotees. Similarly, there are upscale shopping destinations and wholesale markets in the metropolis that traders from Bengaluru visit for buying merchandise. Film studios and homes of actors are also a major draw for tourists, who wait for hours to catch a glimpse of their favourite stars. The entertainment industry of Mumbai is also a major draw for talent from Bengaluru, particularly from the IT sector.

These above-mentioned carriers offer non-stop air services on the route, taking into account the high demand for tickets.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.007s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.032s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb