Best Trekking Tours In India


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India
March 14th 2016
Published: March 14th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Singalila Kanchenjunga TrekSingalila Kanchenjunga TrekSingalila Kanchenjunga Trek

Singalila Kanchenjunga Trek
Trekking is a common adventure of those who want some adrenaline pumping. India is a land of many different types of mountains and trekking trails. Each trail is different from another in terms of beauty, difficulty, nature and others. Here is the list of top trekking trails that you can find in India.

Singalila Kanchenjunga Trek

This tour starts from Singalila Ridge. From this spot, you can find a lot of interesting peaks like Everest, Lhotse, Makalu and Kanchenjunga. These are the top four highest peaks in the world. This trek takes 20 days to complete. This trek is for moderate and professional trekkers. The view on the way as you approach Goecha La is mesmerizing. The elevation is very gradual and easy to enjoy the surrounding and you walk to the pinnacle. The best time is between middle of March and May and, between September and October.

Zanskar

Zanskar is a river in Ladakh . This river freezes in winter during January and February. The river’s path becomes a trekking trail. Natural springs down the trail keep the river from being completely solid in all places. There are a lot of monasteries and villages nested in
Zanskar River TrekZanskar River TrekZanskar River Trek

Zanskar River Trek
the path. You can find deep gorges too. This trekking trail is for challenging trekkers only. The colour of the river changes every hour making this trail more beautiful. Everything from nature to challenge makes this trail, a matchless adventure.

Gomukh Tapovan Trek

This trek is along the holy river of Bhagirathi. The trek starts from the camp in Tapovan. You can find many majestic peaks from here. The trail can be taken by novice trekkers too. Tapovan is a large meadow. From Tapovan, the trek runs through various valleys and small elating peaks. You ought to enjoy the blue mountain goats grazing in packs. This is one of the natural scenes for which many people take up this trail. The best season to take this trail is between May and October. This is the time when the place is not completely frozen and temperature is moderately cold.

Shepherd trail

This trail is located in Himachal Pradesh. This trail runs through various villages and springs. It is open only in April, May, June, September, October and November. This trail runs along the White Mountain or Hanuman Ka Tibba. You can find a lot of villages and
Gomukh Tapovan TrekGomukh Tapovan TrekGomukh Tapovan Trek

Gomukh Tapovan Trek
water bodies on the way. Once you reach Rhododendron Pave, you would enjoy the trekking through forest with background of melting glaciers. You get to walk on the debris of glaciers and cross the Dhauladhar mountain ranges.

Goecha La Trek

This trail is found in Sikkim. It is a 12 days trail with moderate difficulty. It is one of the alluring white paths that you can trek in. You would have spectacular view all through the trek. This is an extension of Dzongri Trek and experts take both the trails together. This trek is mostly a towering down path making it easy for small time trekkers. You can camp at various spots and enjoy this meadow and snow filled glacier trek. The best season is between March and June and, between September and middle of November.

Himalayas is not the only trekking experience that you can find here. There are a lot of different types of trails that would suit all kinds of trekkers. Choose a trek that would suit your expertise and liking. Enjoy India in a trekker’s style.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Shepherd TrailShepherd Trail
Shepherd Trail

Shepherd trail
Goecha La TrekGoecha La Trek
Goecha La Trek

Goecha La Trek


Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0503s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb