Sweat Shops In India


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India
April 30th 2014
Published: May 1st 2014
Edit Blog Post

The sweatshop that i will be talking about today is located in India. I don't have an exact title of the place. The main focus is the kids. They have children that work in the factories to make clothing for Gap Kids. These children are almost under the age of 10. The children and adults worked in the same factory and it was horrible. It was filthy. They had forced labor, child labor, and they had physical punishment. The Gap Store has took these things in recognition and they want to do something about it. At the Headquarters in San Francisco, Gap Said, " 'We firmly believe that under no circumstances is it acceptable for children to produce or work on garments. These allegations are deeply upsetting and we take this situation very seriously. All of our suppliers and their subcontractors are required to guarantee that they will not use child labor to produce garments. In this situation, it's clear one of our vendors violated this agreement and a full investigation is under way"(Dan McDougall). This means that Gap wants to change the Child Labor that is happening in India. In this case, Gap is the only company that cares about what is happening in the sweat shops and want things to change.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0243s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb