Jainism


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India
October 31st 2013
Published: October 31st 2013
Edit Blog Post

The religion Jainism originated in India around 6th century B.C. The people who follow Jainism don't believe in any gods/god, but they have Tirthankaras, which are human beings that had intense practices of meditation and many other skill to become the most spiritual person there is. There's no founders of this religion, but Mahavira is is one of the recent Tirthankaras. Mahavira can also be known as the reformer instead of the founder of this religion, and he was the last to get enlightenment. The 5 principles to this religion are having no violence, chastity, no lying, no stealing, and no possessions, which were the moral compass to what the followers had to follow. There are also the three jewels, which include right belief, right knowledge and right conduct. Two rituals that Jains must do is fasting when it's the moonson period, and pilgrimage is another ritual where he/she has to visit temples. Jains believe that the universe will always exist no matter what and is controlled by the cosmic law, and it uses its own energy processes to continue what it does. Jainism's current state is in a good place right now because it's bringing together certain groups together with its 5 principles and three jewels. This belief is a peacemaker to certain problems and pretty different from most religions that are popularized today.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.635s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.456s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb