Agra/Family/Random


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India
July 22nd 2012
Published: July 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Sorry for not posting in awhile, been busy.

So when I first got here I lived with Sharon's brother whose knickname is Pinky, or at least thats how it's pronounced. He lives with his wife and two kids, Sunny and Jasmine. Sunny is 25 and more of a reserved character until you get to know him. Jasmine is 15, she's the one who was surprised I knew how to ride a bicycle. The compound, or society as they call it is gated in with two 4 story buildings facing eachother. Pinkys family stays in one with other familys living on the other floors. Sharon's sister lives in the other building which is occupied by the one family on all levels. Tony is her husband who is the main owner of the factory. They have 3 children, Preety, Rajin and Sean. Rajin is married to Meesha (idk how to spell it). and they have two children Tati who is five and Deisha who is 11 months. Rajin and his family sleep on the top floor but spend most of their time on the floor that the rest of us sleep on.



Last weekend Tony, his wife, Pinky and I all flew to delhi. For one night we stayed at their cousins house. The next day Pinky and I drove to Agra and stayed in a hotel there for 3 nights. Pinky grew up in Agra and actually used be the head manager at the hotel we stayed in. One of the days we visited the Taj Mahal which was interesting and nice to see. It was over 110 degrees though and there were tons of people. Besides seeing the Taj we spent our time visiting Pinky's old friends which was quiet boring for me since they were all old and didnt speak english.



Random stuff

The bats here are gigantic. Bigger than the largest crow I've ever seen.

The family speaks British english which is interesting for me.

Rajin and his wife had't even spoke to each other until after they were engaged.

Crosswalks are called zebra crossing's

Every food has to be marked vegetarian or non veg

The hotels have complimentary rooms for each guest's driver

Instead of saying somebody was angry and yelling at you about something, they say "they were abusing me". When I first heard someone was "abusing" someone I was very confused.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0319s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb