Hello India!


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India
January 1st 2012
Published: January 1st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Well, well, well...

After 12 hours flying, 17 hours of Malaysia, 2 six packs of Carlsberg, 1 bottle of red wine, and some weird Asian massage that resembled a voodoo ritual we have arrive in New Dehli.

We arrive at the airport to no transfer pickup from the hotel.. Great! After some subtle yet obvious cussing about India we manage to meet a little Hindi man who passes us along to another man, who then passes us onto another man.. This follows for the next 30 minutes until eventually someone knows someones second cousin that knows a guy who works at the hotel we are staying. Success!

We travel by car into Karol Bargh from a nice man named kahn. I need to say this... there are no road rules in this country, only one that everybody seems to adhere to- horn, brake, accelerate.

While riding in the car listening to this cheerful man talk, I can't help but notice all the poverty stricken people living in slums on the side of highways.. Houses made from tarp, sooted cotton and cardboard and we watch as the women, men and children slave away carrying boulders and cement to construct roads. I am jumpy when a young boy no older then six bombards the car with roses asking me to buy them and he wants 100 Rupees ($2). As we go to give him the money a large group of adults run to the car and start yelling for money also, so we drive off.. this continues for the rest of our journey.

I will say this now.. I have drank Chai that is far more incredible then anything from home. A sweet trickle of flavour infused with delicious leaf and provided for free from our new friend Mohammad.. he will take us on our journey over the next few days.

We have also experienced Indian Disco Tech.. Indian songs mixed with Euro tech.. its hilarious!

So for now I leave you again, and will write again soon!

Namaste Everyone!

Advertisement



5th January 2012

What an intro!!
Sounds like an adventure already guys! Keep us posted as you travel further into this Indian abyss!! Can't wait to hear the stories when you both return from your journey!! Just take care of yourselves and be careful, remember Pilly, Guilty until proven Indian!! have an epic time guys!! Ps - hope you both had a great Xmas and new years! Big uppz, Sammy sin.

Tot: 0.141s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0845s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb