India's Social Class


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India
September 25th 2011
Published: September 27th 2011
Edit Blog Post

1)The article "India's "Untouchables" Face Violence, Discrimination" relates to what we have been learning in class because it shows how in India there are different social levels for individuals. Some lead others and some don't even matter. Women are raped and men are either high class or are not noticed.
2)Most people in India are most likely used to the social levels based on Hinduism and the Caste System because the practice of the "untouchables" was made about 1,500 years ago. Individuals are also afraid to argue with the upper class individuals for fear of there power.
3) Treatment of the Dalits can be related to the way African American and Jewish Individuals were treated in history. African Americans were treated bad during slavery and Jews were treated bad bad during the holocaust. They both fought for equal rights just as those in India are.
4) when the article states women are raped and beaten it surprised me because that is not okay no matter what. Reading this made the question of what makes this right for them to do pop into my head. I think something should be done to help those poor innocent women.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.262s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0411s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb