Hello from Trivantrum


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India
June 25th 2011
Published: June 25th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Tim S. here...

Hey everybody. Despite an initial curve ball thrown at us from getting to Chicago from Det (had to drive vs fly due to weather), we made a secondary connection thanks to the fast phone work of Jen W. All other aspects of the trip to India went smoothly.

We spent about 8 hours the first day... Weds, even though we left on Monday, getting some rest in Chennai, before catching a flight to Trivantrum Weds afternoon. We flew Indigo Air... that flight was good, but hit a severe pocket of turbulence about half way from destination... the scariest part was flying an unknown airline, a non inspiring name like Indigo Air whose slogan is "catch us if you can", and a service crew who looked like they were still in high school. But we all felt secure that God was in control, and Baseemah was able to sleep through the entire episode and Gabby was raising her hands in the air, as if she we on a ride at Cedar Point... only 20,000 feet high....

We have been very busy in Trivantrum... many house visits, studies already, some sight seeing and building great friendships with the brothers and sisters here. Collin led a lesson at the leaders meeting Weds night and Chad and Debbie performed... it think they called it a wrap.

Last night, Chad and Baseemah led a singles devo. Collin and I met with a couple of married couples.

Sunday we will all be doing something with the church here, from singing an Octette (that means 8) to communion to preaching to doing a marrieds session right after church.

We played 3 games of volleyball with the church this morning, before splitting off into groups to evangelize and invite out tomorrow. Later today, more house visits and a baptism.

We were able to see Oomen George's family yesterday. They are doing well.

More to come later.

Love

T

Advertisement



25th June 2011

Volleyball memories
Hey Tim-Remember playing v-ball at the leprosy colony in '05? What is it with volleyball over there? So happy you were able to return this year. I'm sure the disciples there are so inspired that you would pay them another visit. Please convey my love to Christy and Lucy. Love, Jen W

Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0408s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb