We finally made it!!


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India
June 22nd 2011
Published: June 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hello everyone! We will see if this works better, I am typing this blog entry up in Microsoft Word, emailing it to myself, moving to another computer and then will place it into the blogger, amen! While I was typing in the blog it would take 5 min before the text would appear on the page, yikes😊 So yes, we have arrived in Chennai, praise Jesus! Our flights and travels were bump free once Jen, Laine and many others found a solution for us to get to Chicago, after out connector from Detroit got cancelled. We landed in India around 4am local time. Once through the multiple checkpoints we were meet by Paul, his two sons, Steve and Simon also out brother Felix. They greeted us just outside the airport were surrounded by the buzz of traffic. Welcome to India, traffic jams at 430am! We got to the hotel at 5am, went to our room to freshen up and meet for our first Indian breakfast at 7am. Most of the team went back to their rooms to rest, while Tim and I took a quick walk down the block. It was pushing around 80 degree at 8am, only gets hotter. Well, we will be heading to The Mount of Thomas just after lunch, followed by out flight to Travandrum. We will keep you posted and hopefully post some pics. Everyone is well! Thanks for your prayers.

Much Love,
YBIC
Chris

Advertisement



22nd June 2011

AMEN!!!
I'm so glad to hear that you guys made it... been praying for you guys day and nite. Reposted the link to this blog on FB.. Keep us posted, all that you guys are learning from Our Lord..
22nd June 2011

So happy!
Glad to know you made it safe and sound! Yes, welcome to India! You will get used the all the traffic noise pretty soon. Enjoy the food! Sooooo gooooood. Love you! Tell Deb I miss her already! Jen
22nd June 2011

Great to hear that you guys made it ok1
hEY gang; We are grateful that you've made it ok. I pray that you enjoy every minute of your time there in India and bring back to Detroit encouragement, faith and inspiration. Much love; Wilner
22nd June 2011

so....yeah....we're in India
Since Chris' last message we flew to Trivandrum after seeing the Mount of Saint Thomas. There was a leaders meeting scheduled for tonite, but it was postponed until tomorrow. Tomorrow we will go visit disciples in a fishing colony. I'll post pics whenever possible. It's currently 9:30 local time. Thanks for all your prayers and encouragement:-) we live you all. Chad
23rd June 2011

So glad you made it ok :)
Hey guys! I am so glad that you guys have finally made it :) The boys and I have been praying for you guys around the clock & we are excited to hear about your adventures! I hope that you all get rested up and acclimated (sp?) to the time change. Collin-it was fun to skype last night :) I think that Carter was really encouraged, and I was...of course. Praying that we can get a legit internet connection soon :) Love you!
24th June 2011

So thankful!
We are super thankful to God for your safe arrival in India! We know you and the saints there will mutually encourage one another's faith to say the least. Love to you all, may God bless you abundantly on your journey!
24th June 2011

Thanks for the updates, prayers coming from GR for all of you!
Hi Mission India 2011, We're so proud of all of you and the sacrifices you are making. Thanks for the updates. We'll be praying for you here in Grand Rapids. Stay safe. See you back in GR Gabby :o) Can't wait to hear all about it. Love, The Robinson Family :o)
28th June 2011

Gabby
Please have Gabby post a blog or note, we would like to know how she is doing. If she cannot post, please post for her.

Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0628s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 4; ; mem: 1.1mb