Diwali


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India
November 6th 2010
Published: November 6th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Finally getting sleep and feeling normal 😊

Yesterday was a big day here...last day of Diwali. We woke up to the sound of firecrackers and went to bed to the same.

Ranjit, Kumar (our driver) and I went out on the town yesterday. First we visited Aga Kahn Palace which is where Gandhi was imprisoned and where is ashes are kept. His wife died during that time. It is a museum now and artifacts from their stay are still there. Such a beautiful place to find yourself imprisoned. Here, if you are a foreigner, you are charged more to visit monuments. We laughed since as soon as they saw me, the cost of entrance went up...next time I wait in the car while Jeet buys tickets I guess! haha.

Next we walked in a shopping district called MG Road. We walked about and into shops and bought sandwiches at a favorite place of Ranjits. It was very hot and humid but we had a really nice time walking and looking in shops. We also visited a huge fort for a bit which is located in Pune.

In the night, we were invited to a friend of Ranjit's Family for (Poo-ja). Sameer owns an advertising agency in Pune and they have Puja to pray to Lakshmi, goddess of wealth to ask for weath and good fortune for the coming year. We had the Puja at his office then went to their home for fireworks and a visit. Everyone was so very kind. This family has been friends with Ranjits for years and they vacationed together...very nice people and very fun.

Today it looks like we are going to a museum and visiting with more friends. Looking forward to our next adventure here in Pune. 😊

Advertisement



Tot: 0.423s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0239s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb