Day 6 - Friday 24th October 2008


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India
October 24th 2008
Published: October 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Mel's obsevations

Lovely though she is we had noticed that Maygo is not the fastest lady in town. So we asked the mechanics to give her a health check. They found that her throttle opened only 75% despite us pressing the accelerator through the carpet. They have now adjusted it and we should now at least be able to keep up at a good pace. This also may explain why we had so much fun up the gravel hull on day one. The drive yesterday was quite straightforward but the sight of 60 ambassadors leaving Mysore in a convoy caused amusement and hilarity as well as adding to the congestion.
In the afternoon we started to climb the Nilgiri hills to the nature and tiger reserves to stay at the quaintly named Jungle Hut. The accommodation can best be described as basic but the setting is spectacular.
Constant heavy rain is now adding more interest to the drive but despite the wet conditions we did manage keep safe last night.
Tomorrow round the bends!!

Dinesh's obsevations

Our one night stands continue as we move from one state to another, moving from Mysore to Masinaguidi driving through the Mudumalai wildlife sanctuary. On the way we managed to see some elephants including two babies.
The second monsoon rains have hampered our activities. Nevertheless on our night safari we did manage to see bison, elephants and spotted deers.
Our room had a leaking roof so that made the place damp as the rains continued through the night.
The group has a high prorportion of well off people with several youngsters - don't know where they get their money from! The racing driver seems to have his three sons with him and it is nice to see several retired couples doing this for fun
Total distance covered to date is 1,345 km in 7 days; 7ig to go.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0346s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb