Luxury and Leopards


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India
October 29th 2017
Published: October 29th 2017
Edit Blog Post

We departed our lovely Pal Haveli this morning after meeting the artist who had done all the beautiful frescos in the hotel.

We also left our somewhat frustrated/frustrating guide behind and have our driver who seems to have sussed us out and spent a lot of time smiling at our conversations with/about the guide yesterday. About 1/2 hour out from the city we stop at a wholesalers and we are in fabric heaven. We emerge with more purchases and tell him he is a bad man. He laughs and tells us his wife shops more than we do.

Tonight's accommodation is a royal hunting lodge in a small village and it is absolutely magnificent. We feel like princesses. The rooms are lovely. I have my own balcony, dressing room, beautiful bathroom - and I have the lesser of the two rooms. There is a swimming pool, spa, restaurant on the roof top, cricket on the TV in reception.... The place is about 350 years old. I have a table made from an old treadle sewing machine and a wooden frame to hang quilts on. Yeah, I know, who else would have noticed that sort of stuff...

Earlier this evening I went on a leopard 'safari' and we saw not one but THREE leopards. We were driving around slowly when the guide got the heads up and we shot off to one side of a large rocky outcrop. After zooming in on his digital camera, the guide got me looking in the right place to see a magnificent male leopard. After he strolled off, we zipped back round the other side where they spotted a second leopard on the skyline which was soon joined by a third. My little camera wasn't up to the task but hopefully I'll get some photos that the guide took tomorrow. It was a real buzz.

The Blackcaps have had a mighty game and almost won - we will be able to face the staff with some dignity tomorrow. They have been somewhat amused by our relatively informed discussion on the cricket.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.402s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0292s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb