Top 7 Adventure Activities in South India


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India
October 12th 2017
Published: October 12th 2017
Edit Blog Post

South India is not just the place for some culture activities, temple visits, natural attractions and festivals. You can clearly enjoy an adrenaline pumping adventure in South India. Here is the list of adventure activities that you can enjoy here.

1. Bamboo Rafting

Bamboo rafting is an activity in which you would travel through very dense forest to get a get view of the forest, animals and birds on a bamboo raft. The best place to enjoy this activity is Thekkady, Kerala. Other top activities of your adventure tour in Thekkady are hiking, trekking, boating and others. If you want a rafting on a hard rubber raft, you can choose Coorg, Karnataka. Barapole River is very famous for rafting only during the rainy season (September to November). But, you would not get the jungle effect here.

Season: September to March

2. Night Jungle Patrol

Thekkady has a lot of dense forest with long lakes. If you are up to the thrill, you can take up night jungle patrol where, you would travel with four other people through the jungle of tiger reserve on a boat at night. The nocturnal jungle life visit is just for the people with steel nerves. You cannot find this activity in any other package of South India tour .

Season – September to March

3. Banana Boat

Banana boat is exactly what it means. You would be on a boat that looks exactly like a banana. The banana boat would be attached to another boat which pulls it for a fast ride lashing you against waves. The riding boat tries to turn the banana boat upside down. Do not worry, you would be wearing a life jacket and the water would not be too deep. Still, adrenaline rush is guaranteed. This adventure activity can be enjoyed in Gokarna and Goa.

Season – October to February

4. Kayaking

If you are visiting Karnataka , Dandeli is an important tourist destination for its adventure element. You can enjoy kayaking across the river. You can kayak alone or along with an expert.

Season – October to February

5. Lion Safari

Near Neyyar Dam in Thrivandrum, Kerala, there is a wildlife sanctuary which allows lion safari for nature lovers. There are seven lions and you can take canter safari in this area. You can also visit a crocodile farm near to this area.

Season – January and December

6. Paragliding

There are a lot of places where you can enjoy paragliding in South India. The best place is Yelagiri, Tamil Nadu. There are a lot of other adventure activities like bike riding, camping, trekking and others. Munnar, Kerala is another important destination for paragliding.

Season – Throughout the year

7. Parasailing

Gokarna, Karnataka is famous for a lot of activities and parasailing is one among them. If you are ready for some hardcore adrenaline rush, tie yourself to a speeding boat with parachute and fly up in the sky. The best place in Gokarna for parasailing is Om beach.

Season – October to February (from 9 in the morning to 5 in the evening)

If you are looking for adventure destination as a whole, top choices would be Andaman and Nicobar island (surfing, snorkelling, scuba diving, boating, kayaking and others), Kerala (rafting, boating, flying fox, paragliding and other activities) and Karnataka (bungee jumping, parasailing, banana boat, surfing and others). Always choose the top tourist season for visiting these places so that these adventure activities would be available.

Though it looks like fun is the main element, safety should be your first concern. Follow their instructions. If possible, pre-book these services before your travel date to avoid last minute cancellations.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0286s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb