last bits of india


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » West Bengal » Kolkata
February 24th 2010
Published: February 24th 2010
Edit Blog Post

arrived in india with no trouble this time, changed in mumbai, and ended up meeting merav and laura outside the guest house (they made bets which way i would i arrive from, merav won therefore a gin for her)

spent some time in our teeny tiny room catching up, managed to convince an indian man at the bar that all british women were gay (hoping this would make him leave us alone) but sadly not, he then went on to tell us that everything we were talking about (this time we weren't lying) were lies...geeez, hard to escape the idiots in delhi.

went to agra for the day to see the taj mahal which was absolutely beautiful. we refused to pay the high price of 700rp for foreigners and decided to go to a park round the back where we had a wonderful view without the crowds.

we then parted with merav and got a train to varanasi. silly mix up meant that we were meant to share a bed with an indian man...we declined and made the two men share. varanasi is a crazy place...i dont know if i can handle going into it right now. tiny winding streets mean its immensely easy to get lost and occassionally a procession carrying a dead body will go past. its crazy that as a tourist i get to see such a private thing as watching a cremation of someones loved one....very weird, but i liked the atmostphere...apart from the creeps offering to give me a massage every 10 mins, or worse still kalma sutra lessons. ew.

met some very interesting people who are going to be in thailand in the same place at the same time for the big full moon party at the end of march, where hannah will be joining us for two weeks.

i am so very very hot right now...and i am getting my wisdom tooth again!!!

will update better next time when i feel more like it.

xxxxxxxxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0527s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb