Chiiki Bank to Rishikesh


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Uttarakhand » Rishikesh
November 26th 2006
Published: November 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

The day we left our roomThe day we left our roomThe day we left our room

The day we left our room in Mcleod Ganj.
We left Mcleod Ganj yesterday morning and travelled to Chikki Bank station about 3 hours away. Ashley and I got a hotel room for the day as our train wasn't untill the evening. Had a sleep and then got on the train (with sleeper bunks) was pretty amazing! Just hundreds of bunks packed tightly onto this train, we were in the top bunks which was great. I slept so well considering! However, did wake up at 4am FREEZING cold, wondered what it was and realised that both of the train doors either side were open, just blowing in the wind. Was very funny...got up and closed them and woke at 6am to drink Chai that a man was selling on the train. Most of the morning was spent swinging out of the train doors whilst moving..! Such a fantastic train ride. We arrived in Rishikesh at 9am and are now in an Asham hotel with Yoga and meditation for all. Should be interesting... The river 'Mother' Ganja runs through the middle of the town and is beautiful, we are just at the foot of the himalayas too, it is such a beautiful place.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Kate and SiohbanKate and Siohban
Kate and Siohban

I think ths is a very funny picture... (Taken in the taxi to Chikki Bank)
In the trainIn the train
In the train

The bunks in the train.
Top bunkTop bunk
Top bunk

Me in the top bunk of the train.
ManMan
Man

Man on the train - I think a Baba...
TrainTrain
Train

Leaning out of the train! - with a good picture of the elephant sign!


Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0724s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb