A Silent Retreat in India - in one of the noisiest countries of the world


Advertisement
Asia » India » Uttarakhand » Haridwar
November 12th 2017
Published: December 5th 2017
Edit Blog Post

When we read about this pilgrimage of our spiritual master Paramahamsa Vishwananda, we were having a grin on our faces. A silent retreat in one of the noisiest countries of the world - this sounded like a special experience. Well, just joking...... we know very well that there are regions in India you can find perfect silence, especially when you do not aim for an external silence but an internal ... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 73, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




6th December 2017

Real silence
What an interesting experience to be silent for three days! Thanks for sharing your experience of it. I've never been great at silencing my mind, but on reading your blog I've realised that it requires far more time than I've dedicated to it. Given the madness of the end of year over here, sitting silently in a dark room with no emails or phone calls sounds so very inviting right now :)
6th December 2017

I am happy that we could inspire you. Well, when everything around you is quiet, the real noise in your mind starts. But it is said that after 3 days calmness comes. Maybe we will try a 7 day retreat next day if it is possible. Will write about the experience then ;-)
8th December 2017

"Monkey Mind"
I have always liked this expression, and found it to be so true. Also that you only notice it in silence and during meditation. What a wonderful experience the silent retreat must have been for you, and very inspiring to read about it. Thank you, and I look forward to reading more.
12th December 2017

Silence of the mind
3 days of silence sounds intriguing. It sounds like you got in touch with a lot of feelings, thoughts and emotions. The power of silence is interesting.
12th December 2017

Power of silence
Oh yes, it is. All these emotions and feelings coming up. And then it is about us to observe it and look what we can do better, where we can learn something. Not a process finished after 3 days. That is a lifetime job ;-). But it makes your life sooooo much easier when you start to control your mind and emotions.

Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 16; qc: 19; dbt: 0.0241s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb