Verynasty to Delhi


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Uttar Pradesh » Varanasi
April 4th 2012
Published: April 11th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Cows dining on the Rubbish outside our hotelCows dining on the Rubbish outside our hotelCows dining on the Rubbish outside our hotel

No wonder they don't eat beef.
VARANASI TO DELHI. Wednesday 4 April, 2012.

We were woken at 5 am by the next throng of Pilgrims making their way to the Ghats to pray and make offerings of Ganges water to the Sun God. Much chanting and ringing of bells went on for about an hour. After this we managed to go back to sleep and have a bit of a lie in.

Today was a travelling day so not a lot to report. We sat in the cell, D read the newpaper while M wrote a few blogs, until our pickup time at 12.00 noon. We lugged our backpacks through the stinky alleys until we reached the car - which had managed to get down to the Ghats at this time of the day (no Pilgrms!). The drive to the airport took about half and hour. M saw a stark naked bloke wandering down the streeet - and he wasn't a top ranking Jain monk as he didn't have a water pale and a cushion!

Varanasi airport, in contrast to the city, was immaculate and modern. Immigration was the same, scan your hand luggage then stamp the label, scan you then stamp your boarding pass. We were not sad to be leaving Verynasty. M will never smell incense sticks again (they use it to mask the smell of the sh1t - unsuccessfully) without feeling a bit sick. We have included some photos of our 'hotel' with this blog.

The flight to Delhi was an hour late. Mr Barun was waiting for us in the Arrival Hall at Delhi Airport. He drove us the half hour to our hotel wich was called The Residence and is located in South Delhi.

The hotel is one of the best yet. The room was lovely. We had a couple of G and T's then ate a good meal there before retiring. Tomorrow we have a tour of Delhi to look forward to. Pick up 9.30 am - so another lie in.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0215s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb