Immerse Yourself in the Opulence - The Golden Chariot


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Uttar Pradesh » Ghaziabad
July 23rd 2016
Published: July 23rd 2016
Edit Blog Post

South India is beautiful with its pristine beaches and remarkable stone architecture. Golden Chariot is a luxury train from the Indian Railways which helps the tourists explore this part of Incredible India while experiencing the glamorous life of the South Indian monarchs.

Destinations Covered:

Bangalore-Kabini-Mysore-Hassan-Hospet-Badami-Goa-Mamallapuram-Pondicherry-Tiruchirapalli-Thanjavur-Madurai-Kanyakumari-Allepey

Packages:

Golden Chariot has two tour packages, namely, Pride of South and Splendour of South.

The Train

South India is a popular tourist destination and keeping this in mind, Indian Railways along with Karnataka Tourism have come up with a luxury train, the Golden Chariot. This train takes you from Karnataka to Kerala, Chennai to Goa. Explore all the tourist hotspots of these states enjoying a comfortable journey on this heritage train.

Golden Chariot is just not a premium way to travel South India but a way of living the life of a South Indian royal. As you meet the representatives of Golden Chariot at the Bangalore railway station, you are greeted in a traditional South Indian way. All through the journey you are taken through the various aspects of South Indian lifestyle, from the decor of the suites to the cuisines served at the dining cars.

The train is vibrantly coloured in golden and purple and exhibits the fine architecture of the South.

There are 17 double bed cabins at Golden Chariot, each air conditioned and resembling the astounding craftsmanship of the golden days of South Indian kingdom. From the ceilings to the wall panels, from the furniture to the floors, every corner of your suite is a mini replica of the South Indian palaces. The coaches of Golden Chariot are named after South Indian dynasties, adding to the glamour of the train.

Golden Chariot is a blend of contemporary and classic life styles being equipped with vintage furniture on one hand and advanced facilities like Wi-Fi, channel music, television set, wardrobe and private writing desks on the other hand.

The Nala and Ruchi restaurants of Golden Chariot are renowned for their vegetarian and non vegetarian cuisines prepared by expert chefs. These dining cars are equipped with comfortable seating arrangements of 2 and 4 seater sofas. As you enter the restaurants, the aesthetic interiors, inspired by Hampi and Halebid architecture enhances the taste of food.

After a long day exploration of the stone architecture of South refresh yourself at the exotic bar lounge of the train, known as Madira. The bar is gorgeous, inspired by the grandeur of the Mysore Palace.

If you are looking for a perfect office tour to impress the clients, Golden Chariot can serve the purpose. Besides the other premium facilities, the train comes with a conference coach, with a sitting arrangement of 30 people. The Led television sets and high speed internet facility ensure a smooth business experience.

When on a vacation over Golden Chariot, you need not deviate from your daily exercise schedule. The gym is well stocked with modern tools to meet the needs of both men and women. South India is well known for its Ayurveda treatments. Rejuvenate yourself with soothing Ayurveda massages at the SPA centre of the train.

Last but not the least; bask in the spirit of South with cultural programmes of song and dance arranged by Golden Chariot.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0436s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb