Beautiful Taj Mahal!!!


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Uttar Pradesh » Agra
September 8th 2010
Published: September 8th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hello friends,how things with all youz???After delhi,there for 3 days,we got the train to Agra,south east of Delhi,about a 4 hr trip which left mid day.We got there with no real problems,but then the rickshaw drivers at the train station!These guys will honestly kill eachother to get your business,and then when they do,TRY RIP YOU OFF!!!We had none of this,and just a good example to give to you guys,we got the guy down from his origanal 250RS to 60RS..Word of advise to anyone coming to India,divide every price by at least half and then start to bargain!!!Early evening we arrived at a guetshouse where they also tried to rape us with the price,but fortunately to the good looking and charming Lindsey Rose (aka:my girlfiend),we managed to get the guy down from about 450RS to 300RS (4GBP) per night.Our plan was to stay in Agra as short time as possible,firstly it's expensive and secondly there is not much to do there besides the Taj.That night,in the rain,we managed to find a nice rooftop resturant,where we ate and had a couple cold ones,whilst listening to the SUPER STONED owner tell us how he is the best at rolling joints in the whole of India,and how he worked for Howard Marks aka:Mr Nice etc etc.....BULL BULL BULL KAK!!!!Our next morning,our first and last,i woke to me being pretty ill,exiting from both top and bottom,lovely feeling when you have no room as you have checked out and it being the HOTTEST day whe've had since in India.Must have been close to 45 deg C,and it was the day we had to see the Taj Mahal before we left in the evening!
All i can say is WOWO WOW WOW,the Taj Mahal is one of the most amazing buildings you will ever see...It's so huge,bigger then what one would ever think, and the precision that they have built to is unbelievable,seeing that it is white marble and built in the 1600's,no computers etc.It took 17 yrs to build,a present from the then ruler to his wife who had died whilst giving birth to their 14th child(busy buggers)!!!Inside is the tomb,where his wife was buried and them himself a few years later i guess...Opposite the Taj,across the Yamuna River,one can see the foundations of where the son of the ruler started to construct an exact replica of the Taj,but instead of white using balck marble!!!Wouldve looked really cool if he pulled it off!!!The rest of our day was spent chilling out,in the shade as it was so hot,waiting to depart for our night train to Varanasi which would roughy be 16hrs.Our time in Agra was short and brief but i would honestly recommend the Taj as a must see sight,it wont let you down!!!

Sorry for no photos ,we have so many but the cafe is a mess!!!

Love to all,enjoy the rest of the week
B&L xxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 46, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0421s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb