AMAZING Goa !!!


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Goa » Patnem
October 4th 2010
Published: November 30th -0001
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Hello all,It's Brad here,how is everybody???I hope all well with everyone ...Well where to begin!!! We left Varanasi by train to Dehli where we caught a flight to Dabolim airport in Goa.We have had enough of the hustle and bustle of the north of India,strange but true,but travelling in the north is so bloody tiring.You step out of where you are staying and it's FAST paced!!!Anyways,we were after the sun and sea,and thats where Patnem beach in Goa comes in.We arrived late at night so it was pretty much straight to our roomhut and off to sleep.Waking up that 1st morning was breathtaking,looking out of where we were staying and there was the sea right infront of us.You walk out the room onto sand,thats how close!!!We were staying on the property of a local family who have this accom,these people are so friendly,they will honestly do anything to make your stay better.The owner is Krishna,his wife Mietra and they have 3 kids,aged 17 and down.Now the way it works with the families here is this:The whole family lives under one roof,so thats grans,grand pa's,uncles aunts,cousins,brothers sisters,its bloody nuts.Here the family is around 40 people,the women always washing and cooking and the men pretty much chilling out,although they fish every morning for the daily catch...Patnem beach is so so quiet,it's a local villiage so there are no shops,only the general store which sells household products and water etc etc.Next door to him is the chai shop where you can get a cup of tea or a roll for breakfast and then a local bar (which we visit often) which looks like a cow shed and where all the men play rummy,basically where they gamble.Being here doestnt feel like India,it's so peaceful and laid back,what we were after!

We have rented 2 bicycles which is definitely the way to get sround.Its so beautiful here,getting up early in the morning to go sit on the beach and watch the local fishing boats come in onto the beach with catch.The women will be waiting,normally the wives of the locals,who fill the baskets with the fish and head off into the closest town called Chaudi,where they will sell it in the fish market.During the days we have been riding either up or down the coast exploring diiferent beaches,villiages etc.When we first arrived,which was 25th August,the monsoon was still around,raining everyday but getting bright sun afterwards.These days,being early October now,is sun sun sun everyday.
Our 2 British mates that we have hooked up with all around India,Tom and Katie,came down to stay nextdoor to us early September for a week which was very cool.They also rented bikes so it was nice having them to explore with.I bought fishing gear,except rod(use a coke bottle) to fish off the rocks or go waist deep into water.Catch Red Snapper,Squid,small shark,Lady fish and King fish.We have bought a pot and couple utensils and in the late afternoon we make a fire on the beach where we cook fish,make pasta or rice and veg,and have our supper.It's really the way to do it,and fish is always so good and is pretty much all one eats in Goa.Basically we have just been lazying aroung everyday,which is what we were after after the north.We have really fallen in Love with this place,hence us being here 6 wks already!!!We have gotten to know the locals,have found super super nice locals resturants,where you can get an AMAZING fish curry for 35Rs (50 pence).I will definitely say that we will be coming back here,its just so good!!!!

Anyways this blog is getting long now,so i will spice it up with anything in the near future that i can remember...

We hope that everyone is cool and enjoying the change of season,whether it be summer or winter!!!
Lotsa love from Goa
B&L x


Additional photos below
Photos: 236, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0605s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb