The amazing Taj Mahal


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Uttar Pradesh » Agra
March 24th 2006
Published: July 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

The view!The view!The view!

How good is that?!
So that first picture, that's the view from the rooftop restaurant of our hotel in Agra. How much a night are we paying for that I hear you ask. 5 pounds! Pretty amazing that, and the food which is ok, is costing bout 2 pound a time! Eating outside the Taj Mahal is a very special moment!

So anyway, when we arrived in Agra we literally dumped our bags in the hotel and went out on a whistle stop tour of Agra's other sites. A couple more tombs, another fort (!) and the park on the other side of river giving great views of the Taj Mahal. Also went to places of the tourist track to see how people live - visited Dobhi Wallahs by the side of the river who spend all day washing other people clothes in the river, and also visited some farms so that was pretty cool.

The next day we went to the mighty Taj Mahal itself. It truly is a thing of beauty. It just seems to glisten in the sunlight and it demands to be looked at. I just stood there for ages looking at it. The kind of place that needs to be seen as it's so much more alive in real than it is in pictures!!

Haven't done anything today as I've had a mild dose of Delhi Belly which is now on the mend, and we haven't really stopped since we arrived in India so we both decided we could do with a day off!

Right thats it for another update, it's very hot in this internet cafe and if i write anymore i'll melt!



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0586s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb