Taj Love


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Uttar Pradesh » Agra
December 20th 2008
Published: January 11th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We know this feeling all too well...We know this feeling all too well...We know this feeling all too well...

ITS NOOOO FUN TO BE SICK WHILE TRAVELLING!!!
Mmmm. After having to rewire Guillaumes brain to make him realize that he needed to go, we DID in fact make it to Agra. Home to the beloved Taj Mahal.
I was mostly sick during our time there, unfortunately. But from what I heard, from my trustworthy travel companions, aside from the street food it ain't so glorious.
The Taj Mahal, on the other hand, is a completely different story. My whole life I have seen photographs and randoms bits and bites about the Taj, I have always wanted to see it.
And as soon as we decided to come to India, the day dreams of visiting the Taj began.
It's something that you have seen images of SO many times in your life. And I was hoping and praying that it would be just as spectacular as I thought it would and could be.
But it wasn't.
It was SO MUCH BETTER!
Words cannot describe it's beauty.
The greatest monument to love ever created and the love that built it echoes off of every last square inch of the cool, glimmering white marble.
It was overwhelming and so wonderful.
We walked in through the giant entry gate and did as
Inside the fortInside the fortInside the fort

Open up the doors; here are all the people.
every tourist does; gasp out loud and grab for his/her camera as quickly as possible (as if the Taj were going somewhere) so that they can capture their loved ones striking a pose in front of the wonderous structure.
We wandered around and even in the Taj and finally just found a spot to sit silently and watch from a distance.
The place was swarming with tourists, the most commonly seen type of tourists in India; Indian tourists. And with that comes the never ending demand of asking us to pose with their families for a photograph or two (or ten). And of course, we never hesitate to ask the same in return.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Outside of the old fortOutside of the old fort
Outside of the old fort

(really takes second place as tourist attraction in Agra)
Random KidsRandom Kids
Random Kids

They always seem to be sneaking into our photos.
I betcha haven'tI betcha haven't
I betcha haven't

seen the Taj from THIS angle before...have you?
From inside the tombFrom inside the tomb
From inside the tomb

Agra is filled with these great old tombs..and ALL of India for that matter.
Two sweet friendsTwo sweet friends
Two sweet friends

just posing for a photo and then BAMM...this tomb just sneaked up behind us.
There is itThere is it
There is it

in all its tourist swamped beauty.
MmmmmMmmmm
Mmmmm

I sure liked being at the Taj with you, Guillaume.
Get ready, everyoneGet ready, everyone
Get ready, everyone

Im about to bombard you with Taj photos!
OOoohOOooh
OOooh

I like this one.
Yes, yesYes, yes
Yes, yes

and this one too.
And this oneAnd this one
And this one

is EXTRA special.


Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0312s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb