taj mahal and disco monkeys


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Uttar Pradesh » Agra
April 6th 2008
Published: December 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Agra is home of the Taj Mahal and you know what...it’s a beautiful as all the pictures you see! We got up early to go see the place in hope that there went as many tourists. It really is a spectacular and gorgeous monument, built out of love by the emperor Shar Jahn as a memorial for his 2nd wife who died giving birth to their 14th child It took 22 years to complete and a total of 20,000 people worked on the building.

Every day in India there seems to be something that either annoys the hell out of me of highly amuses me ...I’ll give you some examples...today in the Taj Mahal gardens 2 men were mowing the lawns, now you would think that being one of the top tourist attractions making god knows how much money a year (its 750 rupees to get in or a tenner), you would imagine they would have a ride on lawn mower.....no of course they don’t, instead they have 2 ox pulling the grass cutter round and round the huge lawn...very amusing, I do wonder though how long it takes to cut the grass!!!!

Secondly, yesterday jade and I were sitting in a rooftop restaurant having a beer, we were the only people in there and the staff are all downstairs, next thing you know I’m screaming, there’s a huge monkey about to climb onto jades lap...and these things are not cute, they have rabies and are vicious, we both leapt up the monkey was on the table and about to grab jades lighter and fags...we are both squealing at this point and the money thinks better and runs away, then all the staff are up the stairs and wondering what all the commotion is about....now we know why the restaurant was caged in ..However someone forgot to shut the door!!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 57; dbt: 0.071s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb