Agra - The Taj Mahal and bad pictures


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Uttar Pradesh » Agra
December 12th 2007
Published: December 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Agra - October 07

Like most people who visit Agra, we only went to see the Taj Mahal and not much else ! There are other things to explore, but at times India is hard work, we had had enough of sight seeing and just wanted to be lazy and laze around a pool.

We got into Agra in the afternoon and booked into a hostel. It had a great view of the TM from its rooftop restaurant ( shame the food wasn't great )

The next morning we decided to get to the TM for sunrise, it was very busy even at that time ! The TM is really impressive and unlike a lot of India's landmarks, it is still in good condition and doesn't have monkeys hanging on it !

Throughout the morning we had found it funny at how many people were attempting pictures of themselves taking the top off the Taj, they looked like bloody idiots ! We strolled around the TM for around 1 hour and then a man offered to take some pictures of us ( for a little fee , obviously ! ) , he did take some good pictures but then made Cabbie do the embarrassing teapot pose, which i found hilarious ! Until, i was then forced to do it myself , not so funny ! We have put the pictures up so you can see us look like bloody idiots to.

We left the TM and made our way to a hotel with a pool were, for a small fee, we then lounged about for the rest of the day hassle free. Then we caught the overnight train to Varanasi.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Teapot McCabeTeapot McCabe
Teapot McCabe

what a ......... ! Add your own thoughts
Teapot DolanTeapot Dolan
Teapot Dolan

how does she make that look good ?


Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0641s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb