Rob trying to sort out his flight


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Tamil Nadu » Tiruvannamalai
March 11th 2007
Published: March 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hey all.

If all gets sorted out I fly home in exactly 3 months, but the STA travel website is pretty slow at the moment. On the subject of travelling, we've changed our plans a little bit, and we're now doing Sri Lanka at the start of our travels, in 3 weeks time it will be the 2nd of April and we could be on our 12 hour train to Trivandrm, or we may wish to see Mysore. Anyhow we'll be getting our return flight to Sri Lanka for 75 quid from Trivandrum, around the 4th April, then we'll get back there around 18th and do Kerala etc afterwards.

On Friday night we climbed up the 2500 ft or so mountain in Tiru. We're all okay now, I'm clean, awake after 12 hours sleep last night and I won't forget the experience. This doesn't change the fact that it was a very stupid thing to do. We went up the mountain without having had much sleep the night before at about 11pm. We had between us 6 oranges, 2 packs of crisps and Colin's peanut butter sandwich he made (he ate the first 2 in the flat!), about 3 litres of water and Colin's pineapple squash. We also had 2 torches between 4, and one mobile phone fully owrking if need be. Up to a moutain Ashram it was an easy path, it seemed simple. Then it was all very rocky, which made it one of those paths that was easier to go up than down. Sleeping on the top proved tough, we were huddled together shivering as we hadn't taken any blankets and we didn't have enough clothes either, nobody had sleeves and Kim was wearing sandals over her feet! Anyway, that's why we also went back down in the night, and 2 dogs kept us company throughout most of the experience. Despite all this, we got some great views of the street lit town and saw the sun rising from a ridge fairly low down when we'd nearly finished. Uploading pictures takes a lot of time which is something I don't have at the moment, but I will put the photos I took on here, although they don't do the view justice, and may are weary smiles from the 4 of us as taking photos of a town in the dark is difficult. We even got a bit of sleep there, unfortunately I was a bit too tired to realise that I went to sleep in a load of dirt, but I managed to clear it off my clothes when I washed them, I just got a few looks the next morning.

Hope you're all well.

Rob.

Advertisement



11th March 2007

Flight home
Rob, from our point of view it would be easier if your flight home was at the weekend rather than on the Monday.

Tot: 0.181s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1175s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb