A day of division


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Tamil Nadu » Tirunelveli
July 24th 2014
Published: July 30th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Today we did more project work, on arrival we were informed that there were not many jobs and that 2 further holes had to be dug for a decorative arch inside the church! We started at 9:15, moral was low due to the 2 new holes and having to move back dirt that we hade previously dug out of the other holes. We tried to divide the group into teams so that all he jobs can be done well and everyone can have breaks but this unfortunately this didn't work as some jobs required more people that others meaning people were not having very long breaks. Eventually we got it all sorted, moral had picked up and everyone was working hard until the builders walked past with new tools that we had been requesting from the beginning and toke them to another building site! the team was very frustrated so we had an early lunch!

In the afternoon some students went to sarah tucker primary school, an all girls school just down the road, to teach the children. Those that went to sarah tucker taught the children some nursery rhymes and others remained on the building site, this meant that it was a lot more efficient as there were fewer people so more jobs to go around and more frequent breaks! . After this everyone had free time to do as they pleased! In the evening we had a western dance lesson.

Highlight of the day: Rosie sat on her bed in the evening and it folded in half due to her previously removing the support leg :P

Overall, despite initial difficulties, it was a really productive day!

Fran and Naomi xx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0921s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb