Pool party, school visit and a banquet


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Tamil Nadu » Tirunelveli
July 22nd 2014
Published: July 24th 2014
Edit Blog Post

After waking up on Tuesday and getting ready for a morning on the project site we were informed that unfortunately due to a missing engineer we were unable to work, so we made the most of a chilled few hours before hitting the local swimming pool! We all had a tonne of fun messing about in the pool and lazing around on the grass, resulting in several salmon coloured students (and teachers!!!) with one of the days team leaders even donning a rather funky sunglasses tan!! We headed back home for lunch (curry, obviously) before visiting a school for children with quite severe special needs, which many of us found to be a very difficult and emotional experience. Although it was reassuring to know that there was a place that was able to help and provide an education for the children, it made us all appreciate the care and support that is offered at home. To end our visit, we sung for the children in their assembly and they put on a dance and several songs for us which was lovely! We arrived back home for a quick freshen up before heading off to the bishops house for dinner, where much to our surprise a banquet reassembling a wedding had been laid on, to which most of us turned up in our scruffs (oops!!) excluding the boys in their new indian suits and especially Mr Wood who rocked up in a glitzy, dazzling suit looking rather like a panto genie! We all enjoyed the feast that had been laid on for us, in particularly Will who headed straight up for seconds, CLASSIC WILL! We also put on our second performance of the day singing at the dinner, where we sounded like angels completely showing up the other school who attended who put on a last minute rather awful twinkle twinkle little star performance!

All in all a great day!!

Lots of love Danielle and Jodie (team leaders for the day) xxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0482s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb