Friday 18th July - Project


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Tamil Nadu » Tirunelveli
July 18th 2014
Published: July 20th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Greetings. The troops were allowed an extra hours rest to attempt to retain energy. More holes today, will they ever end? We are up to twelve holes and everyone was ready to get stuck in. We managed to overcome a lack of equipment issue so everyone was working at maximum capacity. Although our best efforts the local workers put us all to shame with their non-stop work and their years of experience with the pole. Overall progress was better than ever before and the great help from the co-leaders pushed everyone forward. After a hard day’s work we were able to let off some steam like any Indian would and dance till our legs gave way. Some dancers were much more creative than others with their interpretations of the local dance. After a good laugh we were allowed to spend some time with the local students; playing football, socialising, taking pictures and attempting to communicate with them. The student’s interpretation of a ‘friendly’ was very different from ours; we took casualties but nothing the troops couldn’t handle. Some of the girls went off to the female quarters; the students were more interested in their cameras than them. As all good days must end we went out with a bang singing in the chapel rehearsing our songs until they were pitch perfect. Finally some much needed sleep was granted and another great day recorded by all.



Talk to you all soon



Lots of love



Will and Carensa (the best leaders to date)



xxxxxxxxxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.153s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1151s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb