Thursday 17th July - Project


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Tamil Nadu » Tirunelveli
July 17th 2014
Published: July 20th 2014
Edit Blog Post

With stern words from the teachers to start the day earlier, we all woke at 7am, for a 7.30 breakfast. This allowed the work to be completed whilst the temperature was cooler. Despite many tired faces everyone got on with all the tasks we set them to complete and started making real progress. The local workers arrived to give us a hand, promising digging machines which never arrived. They made up for it as they worked like absolute machines. With a lot of tired bodies after almost 5 hour’s hard work, we stopped for a 1.30 lunch to get some well needed energy back. We started the demolition derby at 2.30, were we knocked down the buildings around the holes and of course continued digging the holes. We stopped at 4, although we were all exhausted we all had a great sense of achievement when we stood back and saw what we had completed. We freshened up and then headed to town, where we were shown the local shops. Due to our hard work and efforts over the past two days the teachers rewarded us by taking us all to the ice cream shop and treating us to an ice cream each. We then had free time to explore the shops and by 7.30 everyone was sitting down for dinner. Singing rehearsals started at 9, where we were all thoroughly entertained by Miss Eyre and Mr Wood’s enthusiasm, they were equally shocked with our singing capabilities. Overall a brilliant day and we are tremendously proud of our team and hope we keep up with the work.



Laters all will see you when we get back,



Lots of love,



Sam and Beth

Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.045s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb