Tourist Attractions in Kodaikanal


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Tamil Nadu » Kodaikanal
January 30th 2018
Published: January 30th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Kodaikanal is a beautiful hill station, which is situated in Tamil Nadu on Palani hills, which has the picturesque ghats. The beauty of this hill station depends upon the weather as well, when there is beautiful waterfalls and misty clouds.It has many natural scenic attractions that are popular as a romantic destination and attracts many visitors. It offers pleasing experience with beautiful views throughout. In this post, you will get to read upon some of the beautiful tourist attractions.

1. Coakers Walk

This is a beautiful tourist place that is close to the Kodaikanal Lake. The best time that you can visit this place is before 2 o’clock, where you can catch the view of scenic valleys. If you wish to see the clouds like snow, visit during winter time and reach between 3 to 6 o’clock. Here the hills and mountains appear as if they are covered with white carpet because of the mystic clouds. It is an amazing spot for taking photographs.

2. Kodai Lake

Kodai Lake is an amusing place, and if you are planning to go during winter time, then opt to go for boating in the evening time, as you can get to experience the fog settling in while boating. This lake is shaped like a star and walking during evening or night time brings you amazing experience. There are also many other options such as horse riding, tandem bikes, bicycle riding, etc. that you can indulge in around this tranquilizing lake.

3. Echo Point

Echo Point brings an amazing experience and is admired by many. When you are off to trekking towards Dolphin’s Nose, walk further where you will finally reach great Echo Point. Here you can scream facing towards the mountains, where your voice would echo, and obviously, it isn’t as shown in the movies but still is a delightful experience.

4. Pine Forest

This forest comes on the Guna Cave way, where you can get to see long trees of pine, which were planted actually by British. As you walk further in the forest, you will be surrounded by various pine trees. Here do take the advantage of photo shoots, and buy some fresh plum and carrots as well as local fruits.

5. Bear Shola Falls

If you are going to Kodaikanal, then do visit this scenic falls, which is the most popular tourist place. Although it is an attraction that is seasonal, that is during the monsoon time when the flow takes the fullest form. The water here flows down the hilltop, among lush greenery, making it picturesque backdrop. You can indulge in several activities here such as trekking, watch regional birds, and click magnificent pictures.

So enjoy the glorious and panoramic views, by opting for Kodaikanal holidays . Along with these scenic attractions, you can also go to Kurinjiandavar Temple which is 4 km away from the lake, where you can also get a glorious view of Palani Hills. In Kodaikanal, you can indulge in several activities such as boating, trekking, wander around, horse riding, balloon shooting, bicycling, and also relax by doing yoga.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.165s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0618s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb