3 Festivals You Should Attend in Jaipur


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Jaipur
February 5th 2018
Published: February 5th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Festivals in India reflect the culture and traditions that have a great impact on the people. Every state has its own festival to celebrate, so has Rajasthan. Jaipur, being the capital city of Rajasthan celebrates all its festivals with uniqueness that enchants the visitors and tourists even more to come back to the place again later. Jaipur is populated with very lively and entertaining people celebrated a number of fairs and festivals and bringing together people of different class and creed to a common platform. Taking up the Jaipur Tour Package with Royal Adventure Tours will help you in understanding the true meaning of the festivals celebrated in Jaipur.

Three festivals that you should really not miss out while you plan your Jaipur trip in the selecting the Rajasthan Holiday packages are:

1. Gangaur Festival

The gangaur Festival is considered one of the most colorful festivals in Jaipur and in the whole of Rajasthan. The festival is celebrated mostly by the women folks and the girls of the household in Jaipur. The festival falls in the month of Chaitra or between the months of March and April. Lord Shiva and Goddess Gauri are worshipped in the festival by carving the clay idols dressed in very bright and colorful clothes. Married women worship the Lord and the Devi for the long life of their husbands whereas the unmarried girls pray for getting their dream husbands.

2. Teej festival

The Teej festival is again a festival for the married women to pray for the safety and long life of their husbands. The unmarried girls also keep fast and wish to be married off to understanding husbands. The women folks enjoy the day by wearing colourful clothes and by applying henna on their palms. They have their fast on this day and break the fast only after having the glimpse of the moon. They also visit the temple to seek blessings of Goddess Parvati.

3. Kite Festival
The Kite Festival is held in Jaipur every year on the occasion of Makar Sankranti that is January 14th. The day marks the transition of the sun from Sagittarius to Capricorn. Innumerable kites of all size flock the Jaipur sky in the day. Lamps and fireworks light up the Jaipur sky in the evening. Together these add to the beauty and splendor of the celebrations. Family members and relatives gather and share sweets and kites. Many competitions of kite flying are also organized on the occasion that attracts the tourists even more.

These and the other festivals like the Elephant festival, the camel festival, Sitla Mata fair, etc add to the experiences of the visitors and travelers who are allured by the interesting ceremonies, rituals and folk performances during these festivals in Jaipur.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.157s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0555s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb