Happy Easter


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Tamil Nadu » Kodai
April 8th 2007
Published: April 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Not bad for 2 days


Not bad for 2 days

A quick hello to say Happy Easter!

We have just awoken a second time on Easter Day. The first was at 5.30am when we trod off to the 6am sunrise Easter service up on top of a mountain with a beautiful view of the hills below. We then joined a big breakfast at the Fisher's house with 300 school families, where there was a lot of, 'Chas and Ana, I would like to introduce you to...'! But it was so lovely because everyone is so excited and happy for us. By 9am we were exhausted, and so it was back to bed again! At least we are awake for the meal times!

And yay, no gastro at this stage! It has been 2 and a half days!

Our trip started in the same way that the last two weeks had been going... all wrong. Two days before our trip we had no passports or tickets. On the day we left we had not slept because we wanted to be at the airport at 3:30m 2 and 1/2 hours before we were scheduled to leave. Poor Steve, Licenia, Carmela, Delia, James, Anne and Craig were at the airport with us and it was closed until 4! And the checkin desks did not open till 4 30. What our travel agent had neglected to tell us was that we were doing customs in the hour transit time we had in Sydney. Oh well, we had a lovely coffee with very tired friends and family.

We arrived in Bombay exhausted and not believing that we had actually started our trip and had breakfast on Saturday with some good family friends. They were the first people to say "What are you doing?" They were surprised to hear that I had volunteered to help investigate police torture in India.

Today we have had much of the same incredulity. Apparently police torture happens so much that no one actually calls the police when they have a problem. And lots of people are saying that we are very brave for going to Madurai to work against police brutality. Oh and did I mention the heat wave? Between 40 and 50 degrees. Yay! But I personally am still extremely excited to start tomorrow at work. I feel even though its two months I can really make a difference and there feels like there has been some point to 5 years of legal study.

We wish you a very happy Easter! Ellie has informed me that there is an Easter egg hunt in the garden this afternoon!

Lots of love,
Ana and Chas

Advertisement



8th April 2007

A Busy Start
Wow.... sounds like you two a pretty full on at the very beginning of your holiday!!!! Happy Easter to you to Ana and Chas.... sorry I couldn't make your wedding... one day when I have enough money I'll have to come and visit as it has been such a long time since I've seen Ana and Chas I've only had the pleasure to talk to you on the phone :) oh by the way..... the wedding pics in this blog look gorgeous! You'll have to send me one in the post of the both of you so I can frame it and hand it up somewhere!!!! Lots of Hugs and Kisses
8th April 2007

at last
Just a quick line to say that we are both very pleased you finally managed to leave Australian shores after the many trials you have faced over the past few weeks. Good to hear from you and keep us posted. Ciao.
19th April 2007

Happy belated easter or early penticost
dearests my easter was busy partticualrly when an organist decided not to come apart from that and eating to many easter eggs itwwas good your s ounds just beautiful you are certainly having alot of fun and many beautiful moments. s

Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0599s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb