Chennai shopping and Indu's moms wonderful dinner


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Tamil Nadu » Chennai
August 2nd 2008
Published: August 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Woke up suddenly to find that the time was 3:20AM. Rest of the gang was supposed to arrive at 3:30AM. Got little freaked out rushed down to the reception to find that their wake up system was down (What wake up system, I guess the guy at the reception overslept or forgot about the wakeup call !!). Reception called for a call taxi and had to wait 15 minutes for the cab to arrive. The taxi driver drove me to the airport in 20 minutes and luckily the BA flight was 20 minutes late. After about 10 minutes wait I saw Heather and Dan looking for their luggage. We drove back to Dee Cee Manor in the same taxi that took me to airport. Everyone was tired and went to bed immediately.

Woke up at 9:30AM and went to breakfast. The meal was a true test for Dan and Becca. They tried Idly, Dosa and some continental stuff. After the meal we went out to shopping in a rented a/c cab.

To everyones surprise the shops were crowed like crazy. Did some more shopping for Indu and went to Indu's parents house for dinner. The drive was crazy and the traffic was horrible. It almost took 2.5 hrs to reach Indu's house at Thirumullaivail from T-Nagar.

The travel was compensated with a wonderful dinner (non spicy) prepared for everyone. We had Chicken Biriyani, Vanjaram Fish fry, Crab Kurma, Prawn fry, Idly and some sweets for desert. It was awesome food. Everyone loved the fish. Since today was Saturday Indu's dad had to special order the fish for us. Packed some leftover food for the night train journey and headed out to Central station in local train. Rest of the gang had an experience riding the local train.

Boarded two tier A/C train said goodbye to Indu's dad and headed to Coimbatore.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0577s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb