Chennai - Day 1


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Tamil Nadu » Chennai
August 1st 2008
Published: August 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Had breakfast at the hotel, John and Nikki tried Iddly, Sambar, Parotta and Pongal for breakfast. John's favorite was the vanilla milk shake.

After breakfast headed out to T-Nagar for shopping in auto-rickshaw. Three of us barely fit in it. We went straight to Pothy's. John and Nikki found some cloths and I shopped for Indu. John had tough time getting his cloth size. After T-Nagar we went to Spencer plaza. John finally found some soccer jersey's that fit him.
We had pizza in Pizza-Hut at Spencer's and John loved it. Nikki was craving for some Pizza after their London trip.

Headed out to Dee Cee Manor and thought about Bikes and Barrels for some drinks. We were kicked out since I was not wearing shoes and John was in shorts. We were recommended by the bouncers to go to the rooftop restaurant. It was amazing with a beautiful view of Chennai city. The food was decent and it was pretty expensive. We were surprised to see tons of people waiting to get into the restaurant that late in the night.

Went to bed and asked the reception guy to wake me up at 2:45AM to pickup the rest of the gang.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.039s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb