The marbles are rolling


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Tamil Nadu » Chennai
March 15th 2007
Published: March 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

India is like a large bag of little marbles being dropped and going every which way. So on that note were are but two marbles of many and we are rolling out tomorrow to travel south. We have hired a driver who will be with us for 7 days taking us from Chennai to Kanniyakurmari the southern most tip. Along the way we will see all the temples and main sights of interest. I suspect we will be on the tourist trail along with all the pilgrimages.

Chennai is a very bustling city and we had the pleasure of meeting a beautiful South African family who took us under their wing yesterday and we all went shopping. Alex and I are styling in some great Indian threads. In Chennai there are no chain stores for anything it is a billion little hole in the all shops up and down every little street with no empty spots. We think storefront is a premium in Vancouver, HA! Here it's hard to tell where one shop ends and another begins they are so tightly meshed together and each stuffed with product till it spills out. My mind has been boggled since arrival and as each day passes it gets easier. Mindfulness seems to be the tip for each day. That and watch and learn, watch and learn!

We went to the beach the day before yesterday and I was laughed at for dressing like a boy because I was wearing capri pants then Alex and became a babysitter for a young girl no older than 2 while her parents played in the ocean and then we were asked if another Indian family could take our picture so we asked for theirs in return. The rickshaw rides are a blast the drivers are so skilled I love it. If you come to India you must take a ride in a autorickshaw. They are everywhere too which is most helpful with a special price just for you. Saree shopping proved to be fun although it's hard to know whether you are being ripped off or if it's a good deal when you have no idea what the prices are. I know where are the pictures you ask. Well I think I need to find some shop that will put them onto a disk for me. None the less I will keep snapping shots of this beautiful country.

Remember what you focus on expands!
Love
Jeannie & Alex

Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0339s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb