Moses, TB and


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Tamil Nadu » Chennai
March 7th 2007
Published: March 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Dedicated to Jaspreet Laly - RIP!!

On Wednesday, i met a final year Harvard medical student. This teaching hospital has a link with Harvard university, thus allowing for the Harvard students to gain credits through an elective visit here. The californian was called Moses, and he seemed relieved to see a UK based student at the same hospital. Moses is staying at the onsight lodgings, which appear to be quite desolate.
Dr Sujatha did personal teaching rounds with Moses and I, where we saw numerous patients. After a short time, it became apparent that tuberculosis (TB) was the most common diagnosis for patients on the General Medicine Ward. Most of the patients live in poor sanitary conditions increasing their chances of getting TB.
I was also surprised of my knowledge against a Harvard student, as i didn't appear factually out of depth throughout the teaching.
The day at the hospital ended with a teaching session on the Intensive Care Unit. Dr K was the tutor, and he seemed to want an American Visa, so became rather friendly with Moses.



Balaji's wifee was in Bangalore to see her parents, which left a wednesday night out for us both.
End of nightEnd of nightEnd of night

Busy outside the bar after closing hours at Zara
We enjoyed a few Kingfishers and a Black Dog whiskey in the lively Tapas Bar called Zara. Chennai seemed alive on a wednesday night! The crowd was attractive, buoyant and hugely vibrant. The music was suspect though manageable, and a great night out was had by everyone. Just as Balaji and i were getting the party shoes on...the 11pm closing hour came. Damn. This is when i truly appreciate the 3am closures of clubs in London!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Time for a dosa Time for a dosa
Time for a dosa

Instead of a kebab, Balaji and i munch on Dosas


8th March 2007

easy!! even u have a blog!!
hey man been reading your blog just now, good stuff... i never knew you had a good way of writing english.. u sure medicine is for u?? dude, make sure u check mine out... shuwaib83.blogspot.com speak to u soon, ps. i love espn on saturdays!! awesome!! so when are u heading off to mumbai/goa?? im gonna buy my ticket next week i think.. shuw

Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0469s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb