the last day at sadhana...


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Tamil Nadu » Auroville
October 25th 2009
Published: October 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

hello!!
well this week has been full of mixed emotions, mostly good but some not so good. i will start with the bad. yesterday after laura and I got back from Pondicherry we realised that her rucksack was missing and that the back gate into the forest had been left unlocked. After an hour of searching through trees (without any help) we came across it, although the bottom locked compartment had been forced open although nothing was taen except some english money.
sadly i was not so lucky. they stole both my torches, my eppilator, my memory stick and a photo of tom and I. they probably were overwhelmed by the blondeness and/or found it hilarious. so some indian boy out there has a photo...how very very strange. the main panic though was thinking that they had stolen our antimalerials and my birth control etc...but luckily it was found. im just pissed off because some of the practical things stolen were also sentimental.
it is our last night in the forest tonight, and we're going to see if we can have a bonfire next to the mudpool 😊 i would want marsmellows and mulled wine but i think that would conflict with the beliefs of the forest...boooooo.

I am at last feeling a lot better, my headaches have gone and i can finally manage a full meal 😊 hurray for me. I have another bit of gossip for you, Kanye West is rumoured to be coming to Pondicherry to chear his head and stay in an ashram, so the people at sadhana have written to his manager and asked if he would like to come and stay there, and that the press would not be notified. sadly i will miss this if he accepts, although i think it would be hilarioius to be planting pineapples along side the biggest drama queen ever.

i raided the lost and found box (probably when i shouldnt have) and i found a variety of clothes that i really like..i'll put some of my stuff in there when i leave to restore the balence. i need to start thinking about student accomodation...but i have no idea what im doing. i want to falt share i think as i dont think that Goldsmiths even has enough halls for all the students :S.

i have finally sent you all postcards i think, all those who havent given me thier addresses yet, it would be much appreciated. im going to miss some of the people here at sadhana, but yet i am very excited to carry on travelling and see new things. bangalore is the IT capital of India so it will be a nice big city that we can get our teeth into...well for 2 nights anyway. but our hostel has a shower, and a laurdrettes, so we can finally get clean!!!!! CLEAN, and i can use real toothpaste one again.

been gone for 4 weeks now, does not seem that long at all, time is flying by! i have fallen in love. with a cat called jaggery. jaggery is a form of sugar that you get from palm trees and is apparently better for you that normal sugar, so for some reason the cat was named that. he has a broken tail and a swagger, hes not as good as ross, but a do enjoy time with him. we met under the moon last night by the pool, it would have been romantic if he wasnt a cat....

much love and big hugs, stay safe kiddos

ps. tom, if a small indian boy turns up at your pointing at a photo of you and bradishing my belongings...call the police.

pps. mum, i do not have malaria.

xxxxxxxxxx

ppps. i want a new eppilator for my birthday

Advertisement



Tot: 0.15s; Tpl: 0.028s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0499s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb