Nathula pass


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Sikkim
April 27th 2017
Published: November 7th 2017
Edit Blog Post

27.04.2017

We started for Nathula Pass. For Permission already the travel agent was contacted. But we received permission for Baba mandir and Changu Lake only. Convinced the Army People and took permission to go to Nathula. Only one jeep was allowed. 10 persons.

First we took halt at Changu Lake. Took Coffee in Canteen. Took photos

Then we went to Nathula Pass. This was my second visit. Now photography is not allowed. We saw the China border. No china representative was present. Bhutan Border was not visible due to fog. In olden days trade was conducted through this rout. There is also a memorial in memory of our Jawans. We took certificate about the visit and went to our jeep. But within minutes the weather was changed. It started snowing. Army started vacating the place. We started back. As it was snowing heavily, army was requesting every one to go back immediately. We could not visit Baba Mandir. The road was full of snow. Our Captain Tashi , told that this is called olay. Now the layer was upto 6-7 inches. The expert drivers were able to take out their vehicles. But some were afraid to take a move. One vehicle was turned upside down. It was taking more time as the jeep was to be drive very carefully. Now there was a traffic jam in snow. Inexperienced drivers were taking their vehicles out of ques. Tashi told that in such a conditions, sometimes they get 15000 rupees to take the vehicles down upto Gangtok. After the water- fall he took jeep with little speed. Steel it was snowing. Jeep halted at one shop. We ate hot maggi. We were shivering with cold. It was not possible to hold the spoon also properly. We started immediately, without wasting time as we wanted to reach Gangtok. We thought we will reach by 6 so that we can shop a little on MG Road. But there was traffic and we were moving very slowly due to that. Now, it started raining and one after another vehicles were going. Our Jawans were put to work. They were controlling traffic. We reached Gangtok at 7. Now no one was interested in shopping. We had a dinner and slept. Next day we heard that people were coming uoto 1 o clock in the night. We thanked god that we reached safely.


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0526s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb