Lachen


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Sikkim
April 28th 2017
Published: November 7th 2017
Edit Blog Post

28.04.2017



Today we were going to Lachen. Lachen is a town in North Sikkim. Located at elevation of 2750 meters. It means "Big Pass' This destination is being developed as a tourist point. Here the roads are not good. Now the development work is going on. It is a package tour there. Tour agents book package tour for one or two days. Local people run a hotel. They also arrange for food. One has to keep in mind that food, hotels are not as five stars. People do not eat roti/chapati and are reluctant to make one. Only rice, Dal and vegetables. Sometimes they gave egg curry too.Our driver took chicken on the way bread and butter was also carried by him from Gangtok as it is part of package.

Our package was for 2 days. first day in Lachen and next in Lachung. Gangtok to Lachen journey is 129 km. 6 hours. There are very less food joints in between. Our jeep driver was Viren But we gave him name as Golu. He was a Lepcha and good happy go lucky person. He was talkative too. 2 tires of his vehicle were worn out. We took a halt at a garage to change the same. A name given was taklu tire. He was very happy that he has changed it. He had got warning about it from police. It was observed that the people of Sikkim are very friendly and they help each other very often. At each halt, his friends were coming to see his new tires and very proudly he was showing it to them.

The travel was very hectic. On the way we saw Seven Sisters fall. On the way, there are many small or big falls.

We reached hotel late. It was dark. When we reached there, light was there. But after that lights were gone and they provided us candles. Dinner was candle light dinner.

Tomorrow, we were going to see Gurudongmar Lake. We were told that since it is high, high altitude syndrome can be developed. Here, sunrise is early. 4.45 am . We were leaving at 4.00. But timing was told as 3.30 am



Pictures & Video


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0505s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb